Revealing love and homelessness in America, we begin with the tale of how a dollar given in charity on the streets of New York City turned into a lifetime of love for two South Dakota women. Then, on Love in History, is the story of a man who escaped homelessness – Harry Houdini and his two loves, his wife Bess, and his mother Cecilia. On the Road is a mystic experience with a homeless, (and boatless) retired police officer in Mystic, Connecticut. And finally, a Tale from The Heart of America is about a game no one wants to play, but for which love can rewrite the rules, called: Hide and Sleep.
All this and more on this episode of Love in America.
(Like the podcast? For as little as $1 a month you can Become a Patron of Love in America and help keep the lovin’ comin’! https://www.patreon.com/lovinamerica)
- Song Lovity Love by Something Underground;
- From ArgusLeader.com: She was 77 and homeless in New York, by Megan Raposa (https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2018/05/11/how-watertown-native-went-homelessness-her-south-dakota/594662002/)
- Harry and Bess Houdini and Cecilia Weiss:
- WildAboutHoudini.com – This is by far, the best resource I found for information on Harry Houdini – (https://www.wildabouthoudini.com);
- From Biography.com: His Lost Sweetheart, Harry Houdini and His Mother (https://www.biography.com/news/harry-houdini-mother-cecilia-weiss);
- From Wikipedia: Harry Houdini (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Houdini);
- From WomenInHistory.com, Until Death Do Us Part, the Love Story of Harry and Bess Houdini (http://www.historyandwomen.com/2016/04/until-death-do-us-part-love-story-of.html);
- From YouTube.com:
- Love in America website: https://www.LoveInAmerica.us;
- Love in America YouTube Channel: https://tinyurl.com/YouTube-LovinAmerica
- Keep a lookout for our upcoming book, Tales from the Heart of America!