Love in America is making our haj to the Mecca of Love… in America! Love and humor aren’t the only reasons to love people from the Middle East; there’s also hamsters and lingerie! We feature a gift from Heaven, or at least Egypt, we found with a couple in Buffalo, New York. Our Lovin’ History segment: two feminists walk into a green room – no, it’s not a joke, but it has plenty of funny – the love story of Marlo Thomas and Phil Donahue. Lastly, our Friends and Lovers narrative explains how the words of Kahlil Gibran can keep you from smashing your phone… again.
Grab a warm drink, a comfy chair and join us for this episode of Love in America.
(Like the podcast? For as little as $1 a month you can Become a Patron of Love in America and help keep the lovin’ comin’! https://www.patreon.com/lovinamerica)
- From the blog, Because I Love Sand: 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About the Middle East and North Africa (https://becauseilovesand.com/2014/04/24/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-the-middle-east-and-north-africa-part-one/);
- From StepFeed.com: 10 fascinating facts about the Middle East you didn’t know (https://stepfeed.com/10-fascinating-facts-about-the-middle-east-you-didn-t-know-1597);
- YouTube video of Rami and Iman, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dcId6Oq6EI&t=9s);
- Marlo Thomas and Phil Donahue:
- Marlo Thomas meeting Phil on the Donahue show. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQJd4U-uH7M);
- Sweet Things Marlo and Phil do for each other. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0nFheBUz0c);
- Marlo Thomas and Phil Donahue stop by (Ellen Degeneres) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTWVhN_pmI);
- Phil Donahue on Marlo Thomas (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3bwSnd67Oo);
- Huffington Post: Room for Two (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/marlo-thomas/celebrity-couples_b_1521425.html#s988687&title=Out_On_The);
- From Amazon.com: Growing Up Laughing – My Story and the Story of Funny, by Marlo Thomas:
- Friends and Lovers Narrative:
- From ElephantJournal.com: Kahlil Gibran tells us Everything we Need to Know About Love, by Mo Issa (https://www.elephantjournal.com/2018/02/kahlil-gibran-tells-us-everything-we-need-to-know-about-love/);
- Love in America website: https://www.LoveInAmerica.us;
- Love in America YouTube Channel: https://tinyurl.com/YouTube-LoveInAmerica
Until next time, yalla bye!