This week: Teacher Love! Love in History is a Little Love on the Prairie – the love story of Laura Ingalls and Almanzo Wilder. On the Road begins with “two educators walk into a tapas bar”, the tale of a mixed-race educator couple in Atlanta, Georgia. Lovin SoDak is all about one SD school’s answer to fundraising: Eagles… with ukuleles! And, our narrative from Tales from The Heart of America is a story about the school of life teaching us what we really need to know, a tale called Be Cool.
All this and more on this episode of Love in America.
(Like the podcast? For as little as $1 a month you can Become a Patron of Love in America and help keep the lovin’ comin’! https://www.patreon.com/lovinamerica)
- Song Lovity Love by Something Underground;
- Eagles and Ukuleles:
- From USNews.com, Unusual Donors Help South Dakota School Purchase Ukuleles, (https://tinyurl.com/SDukuleles);
- Other Unique Fundraising Ideas:
- Laura Ingalls and Almanzo Wilder:
- From Amazon.com: Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography, by Laura Ingalls Wilder, edited by Pamela Smith Hill (https://tinyurl.com/LauraAutoBio);
- From the State Historic Society of Missouri, Laura Ingalls Wilder (https://shsmo.org/historicmissourians/name/w/wilder/);
- From Wikipedia:
- From YouTube, Solarer111 Channel, Der Fuehrer’s face (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn20oXFrxxg)
- Lovin America website: https://www.LovinAmerica.us;
- Lovin America YouTube Channel: https://tinyurl.com/YouTube-LovinAmerica