Tales of growing old together include a 1946 South Dakota romance that started at Grandma’s House and continues today, as long as she says he needs her. Then, On the Road with Myron and Nadine, proving that Happily Ever After can strike twice and why feathers are vital to a lasting relationship. Speaking of feathers, Love in History is Betty White and Allen Ludden and the chickens that ended one marriage and became date night in another. Our Tale from the Heart of America narrative shares maturing together, the crackling of autumn leaves – and our joints – in a story called: This is Getting Old.
(Like the podcast? For as little as $1 a month you can Become a Patron of Love in America and help keep the lovin’ comin’! https://www.patreon.com/lovinamerica)
- Robert and Genevieve Brechtel:
- From BlackHillsFox.com: Sturgis couple celebrates 70 years and still strong (https://goo.gl/nh3ew5);
- Photo from article in Rapid City Journal: Brechtel, 70th Anniversary (https://goo.gl/BQgvcj);
- Betty White and Allen Ludden:
- From YouTube:
- From Amazon: If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won’t), by Betty White
Please be aware that should you follow these links and purchase the item, as an Amazon Associate we may earn from qualifying purchases.