Love triumphs, even through the Civil War, with a union within the Union – the love story of Ulysses S. and Julia Grant; On the Road, discover a Union among confederates with Daniel and Haidee at the Nevada State Fair; our Lovin SoDak feature explains how the war made South Dakota taste better (thanks, Aunt Lou!); and our narrative is a Gettysburg Tale from The Heart of America in a story called: Monumental.
All this and more on this episode of Lovin America.
(Like the podcast? For as little as $1 a month you can be a Patron of Lovin America and help keep the lovin’ comin’!
- Lead in song: Lovity Love by Something Underground
- Lucretia “Aunt Lou” Marchbanks of South Dakota:
- Daniel & Haidee, YouTube Interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1zYkloNbCs);
- Ulysses S. and Julia Grant:
- From GrantHomePage.com, Grant the Artist, (http://www.granthomepage.com/grantartist.htm);
- From Smithsonian online, General Grant in Love and War (https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/general-grant-in-love-and-war-94609512/);
- From Wikipedia.org, Julia Grant, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Grant);
- From Neatorama.com, 15 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant (https://www.neatorama.com/2017/04/19/15-Things-You-May-Not-Know-About-Ulysses-S-Grant/);
- From History.com, 10 Things You May Not Know About Ulysses S. Grant (https://www.history.com/news/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-ulysses-s-grant);
- From the New York Times online, The Two Julias (https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/the-two-julias/);
- From Amazon.com, The Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant, by Ulysses S. Grant (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DBBP4LG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1)
- Narrative – Monumental:
- Additional narratives can be found in our book (on Amazon.com): Lovin America, the Roads to Happily-Ever-After;
- Lovin America website: https://www.LovinAmerica.us;
- Lovin America YouTube Channel: https://tinyurl.com/YouTube-LovinAmerica