Opportunity knocks on a Purple Door in Deadwood; older than the Rocky Mountains in the Black Hills; wisdom and a quickie from Salem, MA – how to recover from saying precisely the wrong thing; the brilliant love story of George and Marguerite Westinghouse.
Extended features for Lovin America’s Patrons (www.patreon.com/LovinAmerica): politics gone to the good dogs – Mayor Duke in Cormorant, Minnesota; and this week’s narrative – Storms, Palaces, Knights, Fairy Tales… and a Goat, from Lovin America: The Roads to Happily-Ever-After.
All this and more on this episode of Lovin America.
(Want more? For as little as $1 a month you can become a Patron of Lovin America to get the extended versions! Just click here)
- Lead in song: Lovity Love by Something Underground
- Behind the Doors in Deadwood
- From Deadwood Magazine: The Girls of the Gulch
- YouTube: The longer quickie video from History Alive in Salem, MA
- Georgia and Marguerite Westinghouse:
- From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Vanished Westinghouse estate here yields some secrets
- From the Berkshire Eagle: ‘George,’ Mrs. Westinghouse said…
- From YouTube: Great Documentaries: Westinghouse – Chapter 8 – George and Marguerite
- From Amazon.com: George Westinghouse: Gentle Genius, by Jr. Quentin R. Skrabec
- Lovin America’s first book:
- Lovin America website:
- Lovin America YouTube Channel: