American love stories are often mixed up, checkerboards of color, faith and status! On the Road takes you to Woodstock, New York (yes, that Woodstock) and a fairytale romance between Shrek and Cinderella (also known as Rico and… Cinderella). Love in History is the true love story of a couple who taught us to live up to their names: Richard and Mildred Loving. Lovin SoDak celebrates South Dakota’s Love Pioneers – Rupert and Dee Nelson. Lastly, our Friends and Lovers narrative comes to from writer Carmel Jones in a tale called, The Night I Survived Dinner With His Parents.
All this and more on this episode of Love in America.
(Like the podcast? For as little as $1 a month you can Become a Patron of Love in America and help keep the lovin’ comin’! https://www.patreon.com/lovinamerica)
- Song Lovity Love by Something Underground;
- Dee and Rupert Nelson, article from the Rapid City Press: Couple married despite S.D. law, by Mary Garrigan (https://rapidcityjournal.com/mary-garrigan-couple-married-despite-s-d-law/article_b44917a1-2009-524e-94c3-30569ccf4602.html);
- Richard & Mildred Loving love story
- From: www.Biography.com (https://www.biography.com/news/richard-mildred-loving-story);
- From: www.History.com (https://www.history.com/news/mildred-and-richard-the-love-story-that-changed-america);
- Video from BBC: Mixed Race Marriage Victory in the US (https://youtu.be/1Da_qTb6JWw);
- From Amazon.com:
- Friends and Lovers Narrative:
- From MeetMindful.com: Interracial Dating: The Night I Survived Dinner with His Parents, by Carmel Jones (https://www.meetmindful.com/interracial-dating-night-i-met-his-parents/)
- Love in America website: https://www.LoveInAmerica.us;
- Love in America YouTube Channel: https://tinyurl.com/YouTube-LoveInAmerica